Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year's!

I just got back from a very tiring and exciting walk to 42nd street. Honestly, in all my years of living here, I have never been there for the ball drop. This year I thought it'd be fun to go down with a friend and see what all the hype was about. To be frank, there should be no hype.

When we got down to 57th street and 6th ave. or so there were barricades and police. Every street leading down to Broadway was blocked so we had to walk down until we could get through. When we finally got to  57th and 7th ave. (one whole avenue, yay!), there was a massive crowd, people waiting to be frisked by the police so they could get to Times Square. We decided that we weren't gonna wait so we jumped on a train and rode home.

Aside from my walking nightmare, we only have a few more hours until 2013. I've always been really bad at making/keeping resolutions and I am resolving to fix that next year. I have no idea what I'm gonna make my new year's resolution and I probably won't come up with one until way after New Year's.

I'm really excited about what the new year has in store and I cannot wait to say hi in 2013!

Tree at Rockefeller Center I took on our walk down

No comments:

Post a Comment